Beast and I love books! This World Book Day we thought we would share our top ten favourites . It was hard to choose just five each... can
you guess who picked which stories?
Beauty (and Beast) xx
The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
by CS. Lewis
Where The Wild Things Are
by Maurice Sendak
The Secret Garden
by Frances Hodgson Burnett
by Anna Sewell
by Julia Donaldson
The Jungle Book
by Rudyard Kipling
Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them
by JK Rowling
by Mary Shelly
by Herman Melville
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
by Victor Hugo
We hope you liked our list... what would you have chosen?
Tale Time's If Story Characters Blogged series is a bit of fun, taking our favourite characters from stories and imagining what they would blog about.
Do you think we missed anything off the list?
What do you think Beauty or the Beast would have chosen?
Everyone says my hair is my best asset. But keeping these luscious locks in tip top condition takes more time and effort than you might think. Here are my top tips for how to get your hair as lovely as mine...
1. Keep knots at bay - brush for at least ten hours a day....
2. If you don't have time to brush... employ animal friends to brush for you (you can pay them in berries and nuts!)
3. Keep your hair away from pollution - get a friendly witch to lock you in a tower.
4. Strengthen your hair by getting a prince to climb it every day.
5. And let me be very, very clear... never EVER cut your hair!
That's it. I hope you and your hair are as happy as me and mine.
When it comes to wicked stepmothers, mine really takes the biscuit. But just because you live with a hell-troll, doesn't mean you have to be unhappy. Here are my top tips on surviving a wicked stepmother.
1. Surround yourself with good friends... they don't have to be animals, but I find cuddly critters make the best companions.
2. Just keep singing - is there anything that fills your heart with more joy than singing? It will also really wind up your stepmother.
3. Be better than her - hold your head high and get through the chores, don't give her a reason to punish you.
4. Don't let her stop you doing what you want... even if you need a little magic to help you.
5. Move on to a better life and never look back - preferably one that involves a castle, a handsome prince and lots of well made shoes that don't slip off. (Not necessarily in that order.)
Love Cinderella xxx
Despite what people may think, I do not fall asleep easily. Even though I am always tired, my mind buzzes with fears... what if I don't wake up? What if I do wake up and the whole world has changed? What if my prince forgets to wake me up?
These things can keep me awake for hours and hours.
So I have a few top tips, for getting a good night's sleep.
ONE: Make sure your bed is far away from everyone, preferably up a tower.
Two: Find a spinning wheel and let it's gentle whirring lull you off to sleep.
Three: Agree with a prince of your choosing a time and date to be woken up.
Four: Ask a witch to put a spell on you... it works every time.
Don't forget to set an alarm!
Sleeping Beauty xxxx